Sunday, January 28, 2007

study schedule

Could you share what schedule you made for step1? How many days did you allot per subject, how many times you read the notes (1st pass, 2nd pass?) and if you also watched the videos? Did you also use Goljan's patho notes? Hope you could help. I'm just starting to organize my study sched. thank you

*

Hey for step 1, i watched the videos initially. I watched the videos first and i watched it only once. I believe this video thing took me about 2 - 3 months to finish. But if you are serious on studying, I think you could cut this time frame by half.

After each video subject (example: after anatomy or biochemistry), I would then read the notes respectively.


After the videos, I then proceeded to answering the qbank.

Qbanks could be one of two kinds - mixed or by subject. What i did was I answered 2 qbanks a day - 1 mixed and 1 subject. Example for week 1 , I would answer 7 blocks of anatomy and 7 blocks of mixed questions. Then for week 2, 7 blocks of biochem and 7 blocks of mixed. I did not just answer them, i concentrated on why they gave those choices, what was the best choice and why the other choices were wrong. It's not about getting the correct answers, it's finding where you are weak and improving on those areas.

I also supplemented my readings with goljan pathology notes and first aid.

About a month before my test date, I reread the qbanks again and referred back to my notes for those weak areas of mine.

All in all i did about 4-5 months of study time. With breaks of course, but i did pretty well.

:)

No comments: